Yayasan Senyum Bali is a non-profit, independent organization working to bring health care to people with craniofacial disabilities. they are transparent and accountable to their donors; their accounts are independently audited and reported.
These patient disabilities include cleft lip and palate and a wide variety of other conditions such as Goldenhar Syndrome, Apert Syndrome, facial tumours and facial accident trauma.
Yayasan Senyum Bali works to raise fund for cranio-facial operations and also establishes partnerships with other organizations to provide logistical and medical support to patients with cranio-facial abnormalities.
This support includes:
1. Patient transport to and from home to attend hospital appointments.
2. Patient accommodation at our Smile House facility in Denpasar.
3. Emotional and logistics support for patients with facial abnormalities to progress them through the health care system.
4. The supplying of food for patient plus one escort when they are at the Smile House.
5. Making all necessary arrangements including the obtaining of passports, visas and flights to Australia for patients in need of facial surgery at the Australian Cranio-facial Unit in Adelaide.
Yayasan Senyum Bali also manages a Patient Recall System for patients to enable them to attend subsequent operations, check-ups and ongoing treatment at hospitals where their operations were performed to enable them to access ongoing health care. A high percentage of patients with cleft lip abnormalities usually need follow up operations for cleft palate or further appointments for dental work or speech and sometimes hearing therapy.
Yayasan Senyum Bali was founded in 2005 by Mary Northmore, a resident of Bali and an Indonesian national who is the Foundation chairperson.